Monday 3 October 2011

Blisters, and saddle sores

I'm getting ready to start day four.
My feet have blisters because the track is slanted for the cars.
I'm sitting in the hotel waitings for the bus to take me to the pool.
The worst thing I dred is the bike back to the race track from the pool. It gets larger everyday.

Update:
They now have wi fi at the race, I have just done 70k on the bike (mainly standing up), I have now stopped for lunch. Pasta, mash potaoes with chives, some sort of breaded meat.

Everyone is helping me out. It's similar to the cycling group and the tri group. Everyone is willing to pitch in and help.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad









4 comments:

  1. that has to be difficult running with the road slanted??? at least it sounds like there is enough food and pretty good variety.
    keep up the excellent work almost halfway through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. standing up? meh, you just don't wanna get bored with that whole "sitting down" theme.....mixing it up everyday i see:)
    Keep pluggin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy...the food sounds good.It's the only thing that sounds good though...the rest sounds grueling. Can you run the track in alternating directions or are you going to come home with a permanent tilt? How many are entered in this madness? Have any dropped out yet? So many questions....Not missing anything at home the weather has sucked since you've been gone. Cold and rainy mostly.Thinkin of 'ya. Keep your mind on the next right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 days done Tony - that's 3 more than any of us will ever do - and 4 more than I will ever do! I still can't imagine you doing all of that everyday - amazing! I'm trying to learn to swim and did 50 meters in the pool tonight without stopping and was totally exhausted and thought of you! Have you learned any Italian yet? Glad they are feeding you well - you must be eating a ton if you're able to keep your weight up!

    ReplyDelete