Wednesday 5 October 2011

5 have dropped out

Everyday a bus picks us up at the hotel at 7. I have to walk (limp) there from my tent. Everyone looks around and sees who is missing today. So far I have managed to keep my seat filled. It gets harder everyday. The swimming 3.8 kms and doing a marathon everyday I can content with. The biking is the hardest. My ass is so messed up. I actually rubbed orajel on it today to see if I could numb it. No such luck. There is no spot on the sets that is comfortable.
It was a stinking hot day then just before the bike was finished it poured yet another day. Plenty of lightening but no hail today.

My legs felt like cement today and it was so hard to push the pedals. I keep saying circle circle circle. That gets tiring after 7 hours.

Time to go to bed, it's 11:30 and I just got done day six.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be hard.

Thanks for all the comments. I really look forward to checking them.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

  1. Running a marathon every day ... piece of cake! Tony ... you are amazing!!! Keep rockin ... we will be praying for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tony,
    You continue to boggle our minds.
    Keep on confounding us - we have our fingers and toes crossed for you.
    Lucky number 7 tomorrow, should be a good day.

    Cheers,
    Gavin & Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tony. WOW 6 down. You are over the hump. Enjoying your blog and the videos. Hey say something in italian. Keep focused. Your OCD enthusiasm will carry you thru. Show them how tough the canucks are. Load up on some tylenol and just keep trucking!

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tony
    Before you left I thought you were a little crazy with all the training, but now I know you are!!! Good thing you did all that training - I know it will carry you to the end!
    Still praying for your safety and health. I promise when you get home I won't push the ride past 35K/hr :)

    cheers from Chatham!
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, i'm exhausted just looking at the amount of time you've been exercising. It's fun to watch you slowly catch the USA guy.... go get em!! You can be the north american champ!!

    Dude you are practically there, keep chuggin:) we are all enjoying the updates and the video on their site is good:) Really shows some of the adverse conditions you are facing...even caught you swearing, haha:) Go tuxedo tony go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6 down! More than half way!!! You are amazing and can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! i am amazed at how you are doing. Just keep doing your best, no one can ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tony....keep chugging away...you're over the hump now and riding that bike downhill the rest of the way...obviously standing though. When you get home, we will have to sit down...at least I will, and hopefully we can come with an idea for a more comfortable bike seat...maybe prelubricated or such and we will make millions from all the OCD's in the world. We are so confident in you that Amy and I have already prearranged and paid for your next challenge in Japan....15 IRONMANS in 15 Days...Kamikaze style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Tony, keep going you crazy bugger. Amy and Dan are keeping me up to date. Take care.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Tony, really proud of the job you are doing. Keep up the good work and stay healthy. Sorry to hear about your ass, but you can be a pain in the ass sometimes so you will get used to it. Lorraine

    ReplyDelete