Tuesday 13 September 2011

Yes, I've heard the comment "are you crazy"

TOTAL DISTANCE:
The total distance of the event is 38 km swim, 1800 km bike and 422 km run but the way to do it, is to complete the distance of one Ironman per day, that means that every competitor has 24 hours to finish the distance of 3.8 km swim, 180 km bike and 42.2 km run in order to finish the total distance in 10 days.
The race takes place in Pergusa Italy, Enna region.
 
The race starts September 30th at 7 a.m. and finishes ten days later.
In order to save some money on a hotel, I have opted to camp at the race site.  I don't think I will be getting a lot of rest anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Bonne Chance Tony. I will certainly be wishing you all the comfort I can wish... I am truly impressed at what you shall achieve at the end of the 10 days... YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've set up a blog so we can follow you! Steve and I are cheering for you - can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete